Saturday, March 1

Sympathy Cards

Hey everyone! It is good to be home even if it is not the best weather, but unfortunately I had some sympathy cards to make. One is done by embossing facial tissue, ( see more below) and both are done on Smokey Slate using the Stampin' White Chalk Marker.  See you next week for some challenges!

I watched a video regarding embossing on things other than card stock. The video showed embossing on toilet paper but I wanted something a little more substantial so I used Scotts Paper Towels mostly for the original texture but I think any paper towel will work. I used three pieces layered together and ran them quickly under the faucet. (REAL QUICK) so as to dampen them. Mine were a little more than "wet " so I layered them between a dish towel and pressed to get the water out. While they were still damp I placed them into the embossing folder and ran it through the Big Shot. Then I used my heat gun to dry them more. Next, I trimmed them to the size I needed without pulling them apart. Then I lay them on a flat surface and rolled the edge with my index /and/or middle finger. The layers may or may not seprerate on the edge no biggy. Let them dry until completely stiff and use them a s a layer on your card. I hope this helps you out!

5 comments:

Shelia said...

Sorry, about the reason for the cards, but they are beautiful.

Nancy Seed said...

Wow love the one done with the tissue. Would love to know how you accomplished this technique if possible.

Anonymous said...

Who are you and where have been all my Stampin' life?! I am enjoying your wonderful cards.

inkedx2 said...

I have used baby wipes as a background for snow cards. I will have to try embossing them! Thanks for the idea!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I have used bathroom tissue and white glue but this method seems a little 'less messy' that that. Thank you for sharing.
Sue aka Mrs Noofy